The Government has approved a Mortgage Relief Program and California will get the largest in the Nation. $1 Billion in funds will be allocated to California’s Homeowners suffering from the Covid-19 Pandemic. Homeowners who meet all the requirements could receive up to $80,000 in Mortgage funds to help them catch up. Funding for this program is from President Biden’s American Rescue Plan Act’s Homeowner Assistance Fund and the homeowners who receive help will not need to pay back the grant.
California homeowners will need to apply for this government grant. https://www.gov.ca.gov/2021/12/20/californias-nation-leading-mortgage-relief-program-receives-federal-approval/
What Are The Requirement To Be Approved?
Remember the Mortgage Relief Program is for homeowners who suffered from the Covid-19 Pandemic. Just a few of the requirements are as followed.
- Household income at or below 100% of their county’s Area Median Income
- Missed at least two mortgage payments prior to December 27, 2021
- Own a single-family home, condo or permanently affixed manufactured home
- Faced a pandemic-related financial hardship after January 21, 2020
Must Meet One of the Following
- Receiving public assistance
- Severely housing burdened (costs for your mortgage, property taxes and other housing expenses are more than 40% of you income)
- Have no alternative mortgage workout options (loan modifications) through your mortgage servicer
If you meet the above requirements you are most likely in or facing foreclosure. Local House offers works with homeowners facing foreclosure. You provide our clients with several option that include Keeping their Home or Selling it. Local House offers works with homeowners all over California including Pomona, Riverside, San Bernardino, Fontana, Los Angeles… If you need help let’s talk! Schedule an appointment today. Contact Us